Wednesday, September 27, 2017

New news is old news...

In the news of last night National News.. (NBC) was the newest FBI investigation of college coaches.  It seems they have been bribing high school students who are good in any one sport.. althought the one mention was basketball.

I don’t know if it was the high school coaches and the parent who were also paid for the student to sign on to any given college or was it just the student.  I don’t think it was all colleges, but there was a good number of them listed and some not listed by name.

After they got done with the  report, I looked at the King and said.. is it me, or didn’t they have a scandal about 20 or so years ago… involving students being promised not only money but cars and etc.  I could not remember if it was high school students or college students being bribed to join a college or national pro teams.. I know it was done, as I remember the cars and trucks (trucks being offered to students of Montana.)  He said he remembered that too..


So I guess we repeat history.. and I am sure the bribes did not stop the first time… they probably were just not so noticeable.. And what brought it to surface once again.. I don’t know.  

No comments: