Tuesday, December 26, 2017

I have had better Christmas’s

Finally Christmas is over… and this year is not on the top of the list of great Christmas’s.

See the King and I spent our day in our pj’s because we didn’t have the energy to do much more…  We missed out on the family Christmas dinner at our daughter’s house.
It isn’t because we didn’t want to go.. it is just that we were not in good enough condition to be with others.

We are firm believers of not sharing the gift that keeps on giving.. meaning a cold, or flu or any other malady of choice.

This year, just a mere 4 days before Christmas.. we were blessed …. NOT….. with a dry cough cold. First two days is sore throat and headache.. but the rest of the day.. cough cough cough ..  we have stereo coughing in our house. First the King got it.. then me.

So our day was spend with no energy, open a couple presents… snack on a few things.. like toast and some soup and coffee…  and watch a marathon of THE SOPRANO’ year 3 and 4…

We were sent by the way my daughter and her sister in law Debbie, a care package of food… Bless them..

I think of an old saying of my mothers… THIS TOO SHALL PASS….. I sure hope so, because this is not what I had in mind for the holidays..





No comments: