Tuesday, December 05, 2017

It is the beginning of the card race

Each year, you look at your card list and  do you think
how many of these are really going to send one.
Or are they sitting in their home wondering if you are
dropping their name?  

Then there is the sending off and seeing how many come back.
Wrong address, or no longer here.. part of you are sad, as you wonder did they pass away?  And part of the time you are taking your fist and pulling it back and forth, with YES!!

I had a race about 15 years or more ago.. Don’t know what started it. It might have been the start of me making out my cards before Thanksgiving, and sending them out the day before or after Thanksgiving.  Just to get the damn things over with. Lol.. WELL, THAT STARTED IT..  it was like a silent challenge … because one of my girlfriends decided to send me one 2 weeks before Thanksgiving. So I sent one to her the next year.. before Halloween  …  So she sent hers the next year.. before Labor Day…  And I sent mine the following year… before 4th of JULY… with her following up the first of June.. and me following up before EASTER… that is when she gave up and called a truce…  and we are back to me.. sending my card to her the day before Thanksgiving and her sending whenever…and have each year since.


So when do you send yours out?  Oh, yea .. have you cut down on your cards and send e-cards now?   I don’t like e-cards for Christmas, as I like to hang the ones I receive on a ribbon that goes over the door sill each year… And love the different pictures that are on them. Some personal and get to see how their kids are growing.. and some I have use for pictures on the wall..  But I make an exception with my grandchildren.. as they are into e anything.. 

No comments: