Wednesday, December 13, 2017

It seems like every year..I think..

It seems like every year about this time, I think about the blog and what do I want from it.. or for it to be.  Well, usually that happens about the end of January as I think about the coming month of February and leading to March 5th the anniversary of the blog.

This year is has been heavier on my mind and earlier. There was a couple times I thought of quitting all together.. but then something would hit me, as I am spending the week deciding if I will or not.
So I end up posting more.

But this year is a little different.. I think some of it has to do about the way the world and especially the nation is going.  So disappointed. I surely didn’t vote for Mr. Trump.. nor Hillary either… but he isn’t the only one there in Wa. DC.

I figured he couldn’t do much damage when I learn he had won… But that is the fly in the ointment.  I thought that Congress would hold him down to common sense and not let him do much damage.  Boy was I wrong on that one.  The executive orders are flying out of that building like snow on a December morning.  More like a dictatorship.. It seems to be mostly anything that had any thing to do in any way shape or form.. with President Obama .. Trump is doing away with it..No matter what the good it might have done for the people of the country.  And it is my understanding that Congress can stop them..but they chose not to.
Only glimmer of hope is Congress has so far, (we will see how the income tax bill comes about) stop him in his tracks, on several things.   Thankfully for a few Republicans who remember why they are there.. FOR THE PEOPLE.  Like McCain and a few others.

But it isn’t just that.. it is the way things are going.. The hatred that is being seen day by day… And of course the media pushes our faces full of it.. Luckily I have seen the good.. the kids who take blankets to the homeless.. and meals… The chef from DC who is cooking on make up stoves for the people of Puerto Rico and the things here local.. Those things save our sanity.

Also I don’t know if I have anymore to add to the subject of anything.
I always said I would keep blogging as long as it was fun.. but it is getting so it isn’t so much fun anymore..  Miss the interchange I had with fellow bloggers.. but several have passed away… and others are starting to slow theirs down as well.. 

So I will wait until the end of the year.. and decide what to do. This is year 12 with the start of 13 coming up in March if I make it.. but I am pretty sure it will be the the 31st of this month..  And after that.. who knows maybe once a week.. or once a month.. or maybe not at all.  

I think blogs are becoming passé anyway.. everyone is into Instant Chat… Facebook of course.. and other sites.. which I have no interest in.. except for Facebook to keep in contact with my family.

We will see.. how it plays out. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't even know you, and can't even really tell you how I came across your blog. What I can say is that I read it every day, and just find it enjoyable to learn what someone else thinks of the things that are going on in the world today. I live in a different part of the country, so it's interesting to read of the differences and similarities between our little necks of the world. You need to decide for yourself whether or not to keep blogging. So, whatever you choose to do, I just want to thank you for sharing your outlook on life with me for the past few years! Good luck on your decision!

Word Tosser said...

Thank you for your generous words... when you are a blogger, some times you wonder if anyone is reading.. sure I have a counter but were they ones who happen to google a word and my blog came up... or are there actually people reading it often... So you are a blessing ... to know there is some people actually reading it.. THANK YOU..