Wednesday, October 30, 2019

I am truly blessed..


I am truly blessed..

20 Grandchildren.. 24 greatgrand children, most who know me.  I am blessed.  I  really understand how blessed I am this past weekend.

We went to a funeral of a lady at our church.  As her sons walked down the aisle with their small children.. it sadden me to think about what all she is going to miss… But being I believe grandparents who pass, become guardian angels… then the thought turn to, she will watch them from above…
But then the words my granddaughter who on the social media… hit home. 
See both of these women who passed.. the one from the church who passed last week.. and my daughter who passed 2 years ago.. were both born in 1960. So leaving small grandchildren..

What hit so hard was not that the woman would miss out.. but the children will miss out.  My daughter left behind a granddaughter who was like a second skin. When Julie wasn’t working, my great granddaughter would be with her.. making cookies, doing yard work, doing garden work, going to lunch… they were always together.. My daughter even had a conversation with my GGranddaughter about how there would be a day that Nina (as she called her) would not be around anymore.. but she would look down from the sky, and be her angel…
What is heart breaking, is her brother won’t have the memories… See he was born just a week or so before his grandmother passed.  There is a picture of Grandma with her arms outstretched together, with the baby laying on her arms.. the look of love on my daughter’s face… she had been waiting for 6 years for him.  She couldn’t be at the hospital when he entered as she was home taking care of the sister who was sick.  There was a lot of loving in those weeks… but Grandma pass suddenly.. in moments..   So great grandson will only have stories from all of us about his grandmother… He misses out on the chase thru the house, the working in the yard, the lunches, and all of the hugs and kisses… 

It isn’t us who miss out.. it is the kids who miss out.. and that really hit home when I saw the children walking up the aisle, hand and hand with their parents..

I am so blessed..  My grandchildren know me.. they have memories of me.. out of the 20 …only 3 are under the age of 21.  And those 3 are old enough to have memories.   I have great grandchildren who are 4 months to 17 years ago… Some are closer so know me.. but those far away, don’t know me..  I have a lot of memories made with my local 3 years old.. riding horsie back on Nana, running races on the sidewalk .. yelling I won… I won… playing with play dough.. but will he remember that 20 years from now.. when I am long gone.. Time makes things fade.
So while you have a chance… make memories with your grandchildren.. there is no promise of how long we will be here..  And if you are really lucky, make them with your great grandchildren….

No comments: