Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Remembering...


Remembering

As I stood at the mirror in the bathroom last night, I thought about years ago, when I was doing the same.
I stood there, with my finger on top of my head…and the other hand twirling my hair around that finger… then reaching down, picking up a black pin, and trying to open it with my teeth so I could keep the curl I had made.

Yep, for those women who are reading this.. the routine many of us went thru each night.   Using bobby pins, to keep the circle until the next morning. And if you were lucky, you did not have a bed full of
Bobby pins …some sticking you.

Been about 60 years since I had done this..  as a young adult I used just about every curling machine or curlers you can think of..  Even the one with the studs that the curler sat on, until it got hot.  Seems to me there was a dot on top that let you know it was hot enough.. and if you were good at it.. you didn’t burn your fingers on the steel ends..

Years of late, I have spent the money every 3 months to go down and get it curled.. Last Fall decided to keep it short… then this May I broke down and paid for it to be curled…  And found out I have been priced out of going to have someone perm it anymore.. Just can’t justify $60 and then another $10 for tip.. $70 is out of my league.

So figured I would give it the old try again of bobby pins..  to my surprise as I tried to separate them with my teeth, they make them a heck of a lot shorter.. Well at least the ones I bought.   I have curlers but no matter how I try, my hair looks like it is trying to take flight. Standing up high off my head… end up wetting it down to calm it down.. 

Hair has never been my thing.. For many years I wore it long and in a pony tail with bangs.  Maybe that is what I need to do.. only trouble is.. my hair is not thick anymore..  so it is a sad state of a pony tail, in deed. 

Worse comes to worse, I will make my trip to Priest River and have the other Cis cut it short again..

by the way, forgot to mention the bobby pins didn't do it either.. yep.. going to get it cut


No comments: