Tuesday, October 29, 2019

The Fixer….


The Fixer….

I have always been the fixer … at least thru my adult life.. don’t remember in my child hood.. 

I fixed cars, I fixed house hold things… and also try to help out by fixing  people’s lives…  especially my kids until they became adults… 
If I saw a need and I had something to fix it with, I did. Lots of times, when I knew that the person needed something and could not afford..  If I had it.. it was theirs..  If I could find a way to get it to the person without them knowing where it came from.. all the better.

I am sure over the years, that fixing things for others may not have been the most welcome or maybe embarrassing to them..  that was not my intention.. I just wanted to help.. 

Finally about 10 years ago, I decided, not all help is welcome.. or needed… or was helpful for that person.. so I came up with 4 questions. 

Is this my problem or did I cause it>>.. the answer is no 99% of the time.
Am I financially responsible for it… 99% the answer is
also no.

Was I asked to help… 99% of the time the answer is no..
And if I helped financially, would it be helpful?  And that answer is 99% of the time… no…

So the best thing is.. to remind myself that it is not my rodeo and not my pony to ride..


No comments: