Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Missing the old days…..


Missing the old days….. 



I saw this cartoon on Facebook and it make sense to me… as I do remember when my kids sat in front of the tv with their cereal in their old yellow butter bowl.(remember using them?), looking intense at the cartoon of the hour..

Oh, simpler days.  Innocent childhoods. No one talked about shooting in schools, or having their eyes fixed on their hands with a phone or tablet.  The kids use to watch cartoons until about 11am.. as in those days they went off at that time.  See there was only 3 channels during that time.. And where we lived we got 2 for sure and an extra one after the leaves fell off of the trees, letting in another signal.

Kids went out side.. played with all kinds of stuff that was not a store bought toy. Using their imagination, with all kinds of wood and anything they could find. The boys were always working on their bikes. Not the glory bike of today, but a striped down rendition.

Yes, simple times..  as I read the paper or watch the news… watching as people are running from their country, being run off by tanks from another country. Women and children being killed.. as well as the men. Knowing that 99% of it is caused by a man they call President in my country.  A betrayal of a country who stood by us, for many years.
This is not my time .. this is not my life… at least I wish it wasn’t.. Yes there have been wars since the beginning of time.. Guess having national news .. news now.. right now.. it is in my face. 

I have to keep reminding myself.. my hiding my head in the sand of today… my life is here and now.. in my neighborhood.. my husband.. my immediate family.. Dealing with that.  Burying my brother in law this past week end..  yes that is about all I can handle these days.  

No comments: