Tuesday, October 22, 2019

The Difference is…. The difference…


The Difference is…. The difference…

We have become such a judgmental nation.
We judge everything we do, that our family does, our friends and of course the nation.

Most times…  95% of the time, arguing about it. And more so in the past 12 years… actually I think it started with Bush jr. election… The Democrats types arguing about his character as well as his Presidental part.  Heating up with Obama’s elections.. and now it is like the oven of hell with Trump elections.

We are all guilty in different degrees. The hatred that follows is horrible.  Sometimes…hurtful… as it is a friend or even a family member.  I think most of us, or at least my circle, doesn’t get so angry about the nationization of it.

It was hurtful for me.. hearing my friends voices get louder and louder… while sometimes questioning my intelligence…  While I would talk back.. I don’t believe I ever raised my voice… and I purposely did NOT question my friends intelligence verbally… I question their judgment or choices, in my mind.. but not verbally.  And then last year, I finally was able to find a place to put all of it…  

For those who are friends.. still… not by me dropping them.. but them dropping me.. I just stay away from politics, with those who get loud…  and if I can.. stay away from the subject of Trump… all together.  Especially family… Those I have let ramble on.. even when I know for a fact, that their facts are wrong… I let it go.. not worth the hassle.   Then change the subject to grandchildren.. or their health and etc.

What has help me is….. the words, different,  difference and differences…   Just because a subject is debatable, doesn’t mean you should… Once you tell yourself.. it isn’t a matter of one being right or wrong.. it is the matter of there being differenct views of subjects.
So you can listen if you chose to… to maybe even hear something you might not have thought of before… because you were so busy preparing your answer to their view.   So if I feel up to it.. I listen and then change the subject…  Knowing.. I have a different view.. and there is no way they are going to change that view.. just as I know there is no way they are going to listen to me…and I won’t be able to change their view.    

My listening ears shuts down when they get into the name calling or shaming of others… I don’t go for that at all.


No comments: