Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Cleaning the computer is like….

Cleaning a computer is like cleaning a closet but worse.

Cleaning a closet, I swear the items bred and multiplied…
Cleaning computer seem like a never ending ordeal.

Our church sent out a request for old computers to take to Honduras .. to a school that we help out.  We have one that is over 10 years old.. which is like ancient …

I used it for a back up, so had removed a lot of stuff off of it..I THOUGHT.. also I had put the King as another users.. so there was his stuff.. 

Well, it was 6 hours later, much frustration, and a headache,later too.   There was a document folder.. THERE WAS 300! Items in there..  Holy crap..  So spend at least an hour and half going true and down sized it to about 130…  Then there was pictures.. Mine was easy as I had removed most… but the Kings.. oooooooooooh… the headaches start… As I had to go thru them and delete the horrible ones..  You know the kind where the scan across the valley are just a blur… or the people are a blur…or some are super short with nothing but a foot showing.   I had to look at each one, as there was some that started out the first 20 second of what the heck is this.. to become.. something important at the end..  Such as our son in law who passed away .. playing with his grandchildren…. Or my grandson in Hawaii trying to learn how to play the uke…

But after 6 hours, I had what I wanted to keep on a flash drive.. I deleted a heck of a lot of stuff… I set up a new users so the church could use that.. and deleted the Kings account and mine..  leaving USER for  theirs.. with a password….. and a slip of paper taped to the keys.. with their user name and password… so they could open it and see if it was worth their time.. because it is soooooooooooooooo slow..

I got to figure out why I had to save so much junk on there.. which I can only wonder about the one I am typing on right now.. Don’t even want to think about it..   Some of it is serious stuff so family should read it.. but 91% is probably junk.. to others..

I got to go get an aspirin… my head still hurts..

No comments: