Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Count down…


countdown….     18  Days and   49   days …
count down to March 5 and then April 5..

March 5th this blog will be 15 years old.. wow.. I stuck with this for 15 years?   It started out as a daily blog.. a few times twice in one day…. Then it ran Monday thru Friday with holidays off.. And vacation off..  And now the shell of the former blog.. is only twice a week.   And it seems like every year for the past 4 or so.. I have question if I would keep going as the March date comes around. It gets harder to come up with a subject unless something has pissed me off and I need the soapbox to stand on.. or just general interest.
My original readers have gone on to better things to do with their lives.. with except of the one who reads this by paper.  As I make a copy for her and send it to her to read..  And she shares it with her girlfriends… They are my only steady who have started from the beginning. And my greatest fans…
Even my own children do not read my blog. A couple have read maybe one or two.. as I gave them heads up I was writing about them… lol.. or something for them to remember.   But out of the 8… only 3 I think have read it.  And if they read more than 4 … I surely would be surprised. 

Also I think it is harder because it is winter and I am not doing anything except shoveling snow.  In the spring and summer there is more to do, more to talk about and pictures to take.  Maybe that is how I get thru the rest of the year without so much doubt of why am I doing this?   

It started out as a soapbox and also a blog of humor of my stupidity. Be it doing crafts or some other project I have taken in and over my head… After all, if one can’t laugh at themselves.. then  do they have the right to laugh at others?

And also Dave Oliveria of the Spokane Review blog Huckleberry’s Online   convinced me that I could do this. And Marianne Love of Slight Detour’s blog had in it’s corner.. YOU TOO CAN DO A BLOG.. IT IS AS SIMPLE AS 1..2..3.. to set up.. and dang if it wasn’t right… And down the road  Toni B. help me with the art work in the background.. the rest of it .. I stumbled thru and got some of it set up.

So dear readers..  here we go for the count down.. Oh, …the 5 of April… is when I hit the big 80… which is going to be LOUD and PROUD..   LOUD.. because I am getting harder to hear any one.. so SPEAK UP… and Proud..  because I made it to 80..  

No comments: