Wednesday, February 05, 2020

Paying attention in church…


Paying attention in church…

How many start on the right track of listening to the Pastor talking and find yourself zoning off to some other place?  Some even nodding off to sleep…  I wonder as the Pastor looks out across the congregation, does he notice this? And what does he think?  I think I would be tempted to raise my voice louder if I was a Pastor.  Haha.

But this past week, I did good.. the subject, as he went thru them.. were of interest enough for me to write down notes..  And from time to time, I do write down notes. But the only notes that are worse than these, are the ones I write down when I wake in the middle of the night and write down something that might be a good blog subject… and the next morning or sometime in the day and think.. WHAT THE HECK IS THIS? 

But this Sunday, I did a little better..  I listen.. took notes.. and added to them, my thoughts of the subject.

The first was happiness….
Happiness is flowers or music.  Just the sight of the flowers or the sound of a song, raises up ones soul, even in a day of fog and gloom.   Have you ever given flowers to someone just because…. meaning just because of nothing.. Or just because the person is having a rough day?
Happiness is watching or hearing of a good friend doing well.
Some get jealous when they see someone get ahead. Or gets a item of want.   But a good friend, rejoices in the good of that person fortune.. and is very happy FOR them.
Happiness is seeing the joy of a child in small things.. There is something about a child’s face lighting up, as he sees something of surprise and joy.

Next up was a measure of a man.. not by how much money he makes, not by how powerful he is… but of his kindness to others. Be it hold a door for another human being..  Bring out change in his pocket to help a customer in front of him who is short in cash.
Who sits next to a child and listens as the child explains something of importance to that child. As a lot of adults will tell a child.. yes, I see and walk on.. but the man who folds up his legs and sits on the floor, giving the child his full attention…   these are the good measures of a man… (yes women too, but women are more likely to do so, than a man does

No comments: