Tuesday, February 25, 2020

YAHTZEE….


I am beginning to hate Yahtzee…
See it is the King’s new obsession.
We use to play off and on…  usually winter
When we didn’t have anything to do, and nothing
Was worth watching on tv..  Not real often, but quite a
Few times during the winter.

I was cleaning off my shelf near my computer and came across
the dices and the pad of papers..  His eyes lit up.. YAHTZEE..
LET’S PLAY…  so after I got the shelves clean and threw stuff
away.. (I should have throw the pad away too)

Because EVERY DAY…  3 TIMES A DAY.. HE WANTS TO PLAY   …. YAHTZEE…  After I am done with reading the paper and doing the crossword puzzle… he is ready.. dice are out.. sheets of paper are ready!!!
After he eats lunch… it is YAHTZEE time.. out come the dice and papers..
And then after dinner.. it is YAHTZEE time…
What makes it worse he is damn good at it…  He really gets into the shaking of the dice…  (I am getting a headache) and YAHOO.. if it is a true Yahtzee.. or he gets the large straight as a natural (meaning first throw out, he gets the full 5 dice run.  He has a knack of getting 2 YAHTZEE many times..  Now I am not an aggressive player.. and happy when my opponent gets a good throw.   And if I get a Yahtzee… I am shocked..  and I get the bonus above about half the time..  And  I am ok with that.. I like to play for fun.  Not the King, he goes out for blood, and yahooing many times..
Lucky for me.. it only has 6 games on each sheet.. and by game 6, I am to the point to just get it over with.. lol.. 
So you are probably asking.. why do I play?  Because I love him.. and he gets so much joy out of it..  And what the hell, what else do I have to do, so why not..  
PS.. don’t tell him I am getting to hate Yahtzee.. it might upset him.. lol Besides it is so much fun to watch him as he gets his second Yahtzee... I expect him to get up and do a victory dance... lol


No comments: