Thursday, June 20, 2024

Dang I was so busy, I forgot to be on the internet..

Dang I was so busy, I forgot to be on the internet..

Tuesday was a busy day..  it was over before I even knew I got started and that was with a raining day..  I got out a box I had not looked in for a while..  So many pictures of our house in the beginning..  and found a wonderful VHS tape of my grandson when he was 2 and almost 3..  And lots more pictures.

Then Wednesday we hired our nephews to come and tear up our red brick patio. It was gapping from years of use. Also we put it in when the Ken was having trouble with his knee. So I was giving the tile and he placed them..  after we had spread the dirty.. Weeds have grown up for years between. I would pull them.. pour vinegar down the cracks..  So we decided this year was the year to tear it up and re do it..  They tore up the brick tiles..  they as in the boys and the King redid the dirty.. spread fabric down, put gravel on top..  and then came the next hard part.. to placing the tiles back down.  Well they got rained out on Saturday… after only one line of tiles.  So yesterday.. it was time to finish it.. AND IT WAS HOT.. high 70’s..  But 7 hours later they (the boys.. heck they are men..) had it done. With more patience than I had. They put in the sand.. and swept it.. and then went back at least 8 or 9 maybe 10 times with more sand in spots, and pressing..  tapping.. and it was done and it looks great!!.   Now it blends/slopes in and there is no drop offs to it.

 see how they blending the walkway with the patio.. it was a 3 inch drop before...

see how it blends with the stairs as well...   

they put in pea rock near the door, as the spot was too small for a tile 


this is the before look   



And that is my excuse and I am standing by it.. lol..

Next project..  writing on the back of photos and placing them in albums. 

 

 

No comments: