Monday, June 10, 2024

This past weekend.. busy busy

This past weekend.. busy busy

The King and I worked on Thursday and then Saturday.. doing yard work..  With the weather turning to the 80’s.. we wanted to get as much done as we could possible get done.

So it was put the rose bush that he got me for our anniversary in the ground.. It has blooms, so that is great.. With cross fingers we hope it continues..  We put it in the front as the roses seem to like the weather there.. lots of sunshine.

On Saturday, we … actually I… cut the dead bush in the side garden. He pulled while I took my trusty little chain saw I got last year.. (love that thing).   I took it down to 12 inches.. in hopes that we can dig around it.. and take it out.  After sitting there for over 20 years.. I am sure the roots are long and wide..  Don’t know if I will replace it yet.. And if I do.. what will I put in..   I would love to put in a butterfly bush.. but they don’t seem to do well there.  Have put in 4 over the years.  One on the side garden… on in the back yard against the house.. and one in the memorial garden.. which this year died, as did the others.  Only one that did well..  was in front of our big living room window.  Did such a great job we could not see out the window..  So removed it and it died.  So maybe I better find a more sturdy bush.

This year hasn’t been good for our long time bushes.. Lost my 24 year old  President clematis… which had the huge blooms..  That was a rough one to lose..  But my go to gal, Nancy who owns All Season, has located one and it is on its way here..  YAHOO..

I put a smaller one where the old one was.. but I think there will be enough room for both.. as one of the other older ones is not looking really great.. has leaves up on top, but the middle is bare.

I have no idea why these older ones are hitting the dust… as we have not had a bad winter, we haven’t had a bad spring. 

So here’s to good growth as we replace…

No comments: