Wednesday, May 18, 2005

It is just a toy,Mom

It is just a toy, Mom.

Those words came to mind yesterday, as I had to
fight the battle. The battle of the computer.

The day started out ok. I got up and got my blog
done early. It all went well. Hit publish and there
it was, in a flash.

Went to get my shoes on to go for my walk. I looked
out the window, to say it was raining, well, that is
putting it mildly. Like some one had a hose on the
roof. Went to plan B, like the day before when the
weather would not co-operate. I have a sitting bike.
You know the kind with the pedals out in front of
you instead of below you. So I did two 10 minute
sessions with that. Got a cup of coffee and headed
into the computer room.

Answered my emails, check my server site to
make sure the spam blocker was on as I had been
getting a lot of spam lately. What appears like German
spam. But the spam blocker was on.

Went to check to see what Dave O was doing on
his blog, when my computer decided to go wacko.
I sat here watching the page go up and down about
4 times, I am not even touching my mouse, as I was
going to type something. Then I figured I would check
out the site that someone typed, it was for the scans that
they are talking about for the airport. And my address
slot is missing. What is with that? Check on the upper
bar where file, edit and etc. is. To see if I happen to hit
the wrong button, even though I wasn't anywhere near
that. Nope. So I shut down the email, and online, and
server and started out again. My server doesn't
recognize my name and password. So closed down again.
Started over. Then I notice my name and password
are not in the spot where they always are. So I type
them in. Still no connection due to unrecognized name
and password. So I decided, to close the whole thing down.

Long and short of it, was getting worse instead of
better. So turn off the whole computer for the third
time. And walked away before I killed it.

Came back 4 hours later. With computers, it takes
me longer to mellow out. Remembering my son's
words, "Mom, it is just a toy. A fun toy". Well the
fun is going out of it. So I thought for a while.

Ok, lets find restore. So restored to the day before.
It restarts and bingo there is everything. Connected
online, the address slot was back.

Yes, Son, it is just a toy, a fun toy.... yea, right...
and dang frustrating toy, if you ask me.

No comments: