Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Looking thru stuff

In my search of a paper last night, I found this
picture that I posted last night. I was experimenting,
and found the Hello/Blogspot so I can put pictures
on my site.

That takes a bit of trial and error. For me..lots
of both.

It is amazing the stuff I have collected. I had to
send my computer in the shop over a year ago,
with my son. So I had to save things on floppies
because I didn't have DVD at that time to record
on. Only the player part. My son and his friend
installed it for me.

So in my search for my Friday (or maybe I will do
it tomorrow, Thursday) I was trying to find this
paper. I thought I had copied it on a floppy at one
time. So I had to go thru about 40 floppies. I have
lots more but they are titled with things I knew it
wasn't on. Pictures, recipes and etc. So with no luck
there, it was search the file cabinet as that is where
I had the paper copy of it for years.
Nope, not there.
So then it was look in the papers I have in two
different boxes and a bag. They are the to be file
some day when I have plastic boxes with my
children's name on them, or file in the cabinet.
But need folders for them.
After searching for 3 hours. I found it.
Thankfully. But I came acrossso much stuff.
Obit for old friends I have lost in the past 5
to 8 years. Pictures, cards and etc. And
that is where I found this picture.

The picture is of me, 30 years ago. And if you are
wondering what the daylights I am doing. This is the story.

My deceased husband, Marvin and I had bought a
house in Cooke Canyon in Ellensburg, Washington.
It was a 3 room house on 10 acres. But no bathroom
and no water in the house. It had a well, but the
water had not been piped into the house. And no
hot water heater. No sink. So that is me washing
dishes in a pot that I had heated water up in on the
stove. And that is the wood pile behind me. We lived
along side of the creek. The year was in 1976. My
mother said that only thing missing was a rifle. lol....
But that is another story for another day

No comments: