Monday, May 09, 2005

New Respect

You know when you are driving alone and
you see some one walking on the sidewalk
and it looks like they are talking to themselves..
What is your thought? My husband's thought
is look at the nut talking to himself. While my
thoughts aren't quite as extreme as his, I do wonder.

Well, today I have a better respect for them.
See I lost my walking buddy. So to make up for
this, I have started taking along my cassette
player. I listen to music as I walk. I try to take
something with a beat. Trouble is I have the
cassette player in my shirt pocket and the
headphone is covered by my scarf. So no
one sees it.

Today, my choice was one of my favorite's
which is Simon and Garfunkal's Bridge over
Trouble Waters. There I am walking with
quite a quick stride, a bounce so to speak in
my stride. I am not a shower singer as even
in the shower I do not sound good. My grandson
who heard me when he was 5 told me to not
give up my day job. That is bad when even a 5 year
old says you don't sound good.

So there I am outside, walking down the sidewalk of
Kootenai Cutacross, singing my heart out as
there is no one to hear. BUT, from some of the
looks on the faces of the drivers when I looked
at the cars, I would say... their thoughts are similar
to my husband. Look at the old nut talking to
herself. So I was thinking about how I was judging.
So now I have new respect of those whose lips
are moving as they drive or walk...

But it is hard not to sing along to
Bridge over Trouble Waters,
Cecilia, and Keep the Customer Satisfied.
But then again... it could be just me...
The old lady who sings to herself as she walks

1 comment:

Lil ol' me... said...

Cis...I love that Simon and Garfunkel album, "Bridge over Troubled Water"...especially "Keep The Customer Satisfied"...how about "El Condor Pasa", or, "The BOXER"???? I can play "boxer" on guitar, by the way. I have always thought that good music is nature's sedative. I'd be out in the sun today, also, but someone gave me a cold that I've been battling for a week. My luck, I'll get well, just as it starts to rain. Oh well...I can just listen to music INDOORS! By the way, thanks for your nice responses to my "Mom" post.