Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Future of Idaho...part two

When I visited downtown San Diego,
my mind went to the thought of future
Coeur d' Alene. I guess it could
happen to Sandpoint too, but further
down the road.

When I left San Diego in 1965, the
tallest building was the El Cortez Hotel.
It had a glass elevator on the outside,
and was thought to be the most up
to date in buildings. By standards, it
is now a very small building lost in
the shadows of the others.

These pictures will show just 10% of
what I was looking at in downtown
San Diego. As I looked at them, and
took the pictures.. my thoughts were
is this where Cda. is going? Especially
after my hike with the gals almost 2
weeks ago on Tubbs Hill, where you
get a bird's eye view of the building and
cranes that are erecting more tall buildings.

What do you think?






3 comments:

Tumblewords: said...

We watched the future coming and let it happen. I think the bars on the windows are most telling. Do they keep criminals out or homeowners in? Ugly.

Mari Meehan said...

Got to say, depending on the angle, it doesn't look that much different than the resort!!

Word Tosser said...

I thought that too, DWM..when I was taking the picture of the one with a house like on top.