Tuesday, October 24, 2006

What did I do to.....

In the 1970's or 80's there was a
movie with the Blues Brothers. I
forgot the actual name of the movie.
But it was the older Blues Brother's
With John B. and Dan A.

There was a song in there they sang,
which seem to fit my life at the time.
And yesterday, was another day like that.

The name of the song was.....
"What did I do to piss you off?"

It was how I felt as the appliance
Gods attacked.

It started off a good morning. I was
all gung-ho to start some of my cleaning
up the house. To try to get rid of stuff.
Only trouble there was so much just
plain junk, from the weekend, I had to
get that out of the way first. So I put in
a load of wash.

I went about half hour later to switch the
clothes from the washer to the dryer so I
could put the next load in. I lifted up a couple
things, and I thought, these seem a little
heavy. The next one was a sweatshirt. And
sure enough.. It was wet. Solid wet. What the
heck, came to mind. So I put the clothes
back in, and put on spin. Nothing. Waited.
Still nothing. And it let me open the lid. And
you know, the lock monster does NOT let
you lift the lid for at least 5 minutes after the
load stops. Surely never when it is in the spin
area. I went thru this 5 times. Check the
load to see if it would wash. No. Water goes in.
Water comes out when it is suppose to. No
agitation. Aggravation, yes. But no movement
at all. No spin. Being I am not keen on taking things
apart, before I give the King a chance. I decided to
wait until he came home.

After the blue cloud settled, he told me he had
to take it outside. I told him, let me look at the
manual maybe there is an easier way. OH, no..
he knows what he is talking about, he has to
work on it from the bottom, and there isn't
any room there to do it, so he has to take it
outside to the deck. Not a pretty picture in
my mind.

Well, after all the disconnects, repairing his
dolly (the clicker fell off when I moved the
entertainment center out of the house, while
he was in Boise, this summer). We were all
set for removal.

Yea, right. He fought with it, back and forth.
I moved stuff in the kitchen so he would have
swing room when he got it out of the little room.
Blue smoke, cuss words, measuring. More words.

We did buy it, and we did install it. So it stands to
reason what goes in, can come out. So he turns it
sideways, and with 1/8 inch, it came out. Into the
kitchen, turn around and out the door. This took
about 3/4 hour.

He finds out the opening is not under it but in
front. I found this funny, but knew not to mention
this. He moved the belt, check the clutch, everything
is proving to work fine. He said well try to move the
agitator. It moves. So let's see if it works. No..can't.
It is 220, and we don't have an extension nor plug in for
that.
So back into the house. Thru the door, with me helping
lift it on to the steps into the house. In and turn around
in the house, back to the little room. Hook everything
up, run a test.. it spins... Wait 5 minutes for lock to
let us open. Put in water, it agitates for washing and
rinsing. Then the big test. Put in the wet clothes.
Spins... spins almost dry.

Now I got to ask why? Almost 2 hours wasted.
Oh, I looked at the book...it says to open in
front first to check out movement of parts. I
didn't tell him that. I think he figured that one
out on his own now.

So appliance God, What did I do to piss you
off?

No comments: