Thursday, April 05, 2007

And then she was 67....

When I was 21... I thought I
had it great. Married, 1 and half
children......Live was good.

When I was 31, I now became
one of those that couldn't be trusted.
As the saying was, "don't trust anyone
over 30."

When I turn 40, I walked the same island
I did as a kid. But only 3 miles of it. And
thought ... what kind of fool was I.

When I turn 50, it was hardly a blip on
my life radar. Didn't seem to be such a
a big deal.

When I turn 60, it was a joyous day, shared
on a sunny Spring day, and shared with 6
of my 8 children, and so many grandchildren.
And I felt young.

And today, I turn 67. It is just another day,
yet, lurking in the back of my mind, I wonder.
I renewed my driver's license for 4 years, yet
as I walked out the door, I wondered.... will I
still be able to drive at 71.

Someone once told me, that life is like a roll
of toilet paper, the more you use, the faster
the years go by. But me... I will live every day
as if it is the first one. With wonderment and
hopefully God's blessing.

4 comments:

Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Happy Birthday Cis! You and the King are only a day apart........amazing!!

Toni

Wondering said...

Happy Birthday Cis! My sons birthday was yesterday. April people are terrific!

maureen said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO-
Her Most Serene Highness Lady Cecelia the Free of Much Madness upon Avon
HOPE YOUR DAY WAS GREAT TOO.
LOVE YA
MAUREEN AND RAY

Betty said...

Happy Birthday. And, many more.