Tuesday, October 21, 2008

SMOKING IS COOL????

Well, in 1956 it was...

Across the street from our high school was a soda shop
like in Happy Days, called the Red and Black
(our school colors). I learn how to smoke there.
Hamburger, cherry coke, and a cigarette...

That is until some how my folks got wind of it.
That is when I learn not to smoke... at my house,
with my father teaching me how to inhale, as
I had not learn that yet. He thought it was so wonderful
that I learn to smoke and he wanted me to do it correctly.
Nothing worse than a goofy looking kid trying to look cool.
So he showed me how to blow rings... and you really
have to learn how to inhale proper. And if you are really
cool, you can hold it in your lungs/mouth for a very long
time. (I think they call this child abuse these days)
After the 2nd cigarette and start of the 3rd... as it takes a
great deal of practice to do this correctly,
I was a little sick, the room was getting woozy... and
then I was a whole lot of sick...

Yep, smoking at the good old RED AND BLACK was cool...
but somehow, after that day with Dad, it didn't seem so cool...
in fact I got woozy just thinking about it. And that lasted for 16 years.
Then I started lighting my husband's cigarettes for him, as he was
playing pool.... and after about a month, started smoking them
myself... but that only lasted about 14 more years... then I quit
on my own.

No comments: