Monday, November 10, 2008

DON'T TOUCH THAT DIAL.....

I am working on my new laptop. This is my
Christmas present... but learning how to operate
it after using a desk top tower type for all these
years, this is a little different.

One of the first things I have learn is I am still
computer disable.. I also learn how to touch
the touch pad ever so softly.. or it leads to
frustation... as you see thing happen that
you didn't think you touched.

Also have to load up only some of the
things I have, like call wave.. (it saves marriages.)
so I know when someone has called.

The other thing that is nice about this, is the fact
I can sit here at the table instead of the back
room, and visit with the Ken as I work on internet.
So in the long run it is going to be great. But for now
I have to remember DON'T TOUCH THAT pad...
other wise things disappear or appear...
Ah, life, constantly a learning time...

4 comments:

MLove said...

You'll love your laptop, especially when you travel. Of course, traveling leads to a wireless card, but that's very worth it too.

I'm so bad that I've got the TV remote in one hand and the laptop on my lap. Am learning to multi-task with the gadgets.

Enjoy.

Big Piney Woods Cats said...

I bought a mouse for mine, hate that touch pad and never could get used to it. I don't like the keyboards either, and much prefer my desktop.

Toni

Lil ol' me... said...

Cis...I've had my laptop for a year and a half now, and while I'm still getting used to the keyboard, I can blog from the comfort of my La-Z-Boy, something I couldn't do before. Or, I can take the 'puter into a different room if I wish...usually that happens when I'm online late and my parrot needs her sleep, so I've gotta leave the TV room, where she is and where I'm at, if that makes sense...

MarmiteToasty said...

Woooo Hooo you have a laptop.... I bought my JAcob one at the end of the summer cos I didnt get to take him away on holiday.... Ive had a go on it, but dam its strange LOL.... I love the idea you dont have to sit at the computer desk and tap away, but ya can sit in a comfy armchair and tap tap :)

x