Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Stupid is, as Stupid does...


Last week, I was driving in a local parking lot.
I was being cautious, because there was a
lot of foot traffic coming and going to the store.

Then an opening from the foot traffic. Then there
is another car coming towards the same lane I
am turning into. I wave her on, as I am in no
big hurry. Then I followed her, .............then
stupidity took over. As I heard a crunch. A
BAD crunch. My door. I continued..because
I figured it would take out my mirror if I backed
up. Stupid is as stupid did... I got out after I
cleared the pole I just sideswiped my car with.
It is one of those poles that protects the fire
hydrant. I looked around after the sickness
set in, at the sight of my car. Several people
saw me do it. Probably thought I was drunk.
But I was cold sober.

I went to the King's job and told him, (I figured he
would yell less if there were witness...lol) but he
brought me roses after work, as he knew how bad I felt.

I beat my self up over a week...still am, somewhat.
The King took me over 3 days later, (I had not
returned to the scene of the crime) as I explain
where I was, what I was doing. The face saving
part was, he said..... I wouldn't have done that,
but I can understand how you did. I felt half better.

So today, the car went into the shop, and I should
have it back in a week. Costing me almost as much
as I paid for the car. But it has sentimental feelings,
as it belong to my aunt. I had bought it from her
estate. And it goes in to the garage for the winter,
when it gets home.

Stupid is, as Stupid does....


happy 43rd birthday ch

1 comment:

Mari Meehan said...

Oh quit beating yourself up! GIve the King a big hug for being so great about it and put your guilt in the garage for the winter along with the car! Lol!