Friday, November 21, 2008

Looking in....from the outside.

When I was a child, of about 12,
I was walking by a church. There
was music. And the wonderful smells
of food. So I sat on the stone ledge
across the street to watch.

It was the Catholic church, which
was attended by mostly Portuguese.
And this was the Feast. I never knew
what the feast was about, being a
non Catholic. Jesus Savior Church
was the name of the church.

They would have the Feast on the
lawn on the side street next to the church
there would be wonderful happy music, and
the smell of food was heavenly.

It wasn't until I was in my teens that
I got brave enough to go across the
street, and to get a sandwich. It was
a Chorizo sandwich. The best tasting
meat ever. Even to this day.

1 comment:

MarmiteToasty said...

You should have taken enough for your school lunchbox the following day lol...

x