Monday, November 24, 2008

What job was for you?

Remember when we were in high school,
we had to take a attitude test to see what
we may want to do for our life’s work?

I can remember it being about 10 pages
long. Multiple answers to chose from.

Mine came back journalism and mechanic.
I remember thinking at the time… was I going to be
a writer for a mechanic book?
But this is as close as I came to it.

Some how I ended up in the secretary classes.
Mom thought I should be a legal secretary.
Dad thought I should be a nurse. Neither one
appealed to me.

So over the years I was, working in the Naval
Exchange office, waitress, short order cook,
toy store clerk, manufacture payroll dept. (I counted
piece work for the payroll dept.). I even smashed
cars for scrap iron. Ending up being a nurses aide
for the longest of all of these. For 17 years. And still
dabble in it.

That is the closest that I made it to Dad’s
wishes. Never had wanted to be a nurse.
They didn’t have the closeness to the resident/patient,
that the aides have.


So did you become what your attitude test said you
would become?

1 comment:

Big Piney Woods Cats said...

My test said I should go into forestry, guess because I love the outdoors.

I ended up working in the office of the Burlington Northern Railway for 15 years, in Minnesota. Upon moving to Idaho helped my husband build homes. Raising three kids and cooking and cleaning didn't count!!!

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Toni