Monday, March 01, 2010

IT WAS THE BEST WEEK OF MY LIFE....

As one gets in their elder years and looks at their
children… you wonder ..did I do it right?
I made mistakes like all parents do, or I could
have made a better choice from time to time,
but I did try my best to be a good mom.

That meant not being a popular person from time
to time. I am sure I would also be considered like
the poem… “the meanest Mom ever”. I did make
sure my children did their homework first before
play. I did want to know where they were and with
whom. And yes, some of the kids did slip under that
rule a couple times. I was an embarrassment to my
kids from time to time, as I showed up at the school,
when they got in trouble. I was under that rule, if you
think I am in trouble here at school, wait until I get
home and Mom finds out.

But thru it all, I raised them with love. Love that
came thru even during the hardest of times for them.
I was always there for them, not to face the music for
them, but with them. So they knew they were never
alone. While spankings did come to play a few times,
but mostly it was lectures. Which my kids have told me
they rather got the two swats of spankings than the
lecture. As the spankings were done and over with.

The lectures seem to go on and on. About what they
did, how that will reflect on them. How people will
perceive them. And is that what you want people to
think of you. And to always face the music and get
it out of the way. That lies are hard to remember and
if once a liar, people will think always a liar.

So to be asked to take a walk with me, was met with
terror of a long walk and much talking. In fact there
Is the family story about how #3 son got in trouble,
and we were walking around the circle driveway, when
The King stuck his head out of the garage and said,
I don’t know what you did, but it must be bad, as this
is your 12th round.

So this past week, where we gathered with some of
the children, and two of the grandchildren, and tales
of the past which open the eyes of the grandchildren,
as Aunt and Uncles spilled stories of their parents past.
I felt so proud. Even when I was hearing a couple of things
that happen under my watch, that I didn’t know until then.

I felt proud as each of my children walked hand and
hand with their spouse even after all these years of
marriage. The love they showed their partners of life.
Arms around their partners as they listen to each other
and others.
The great joy as we did each event. Or even just relaxing
around the pool.

It was a great week…. I guess I did do it right…It was the best week of my entire life.



To find out what these and other pictures mean... you will have to come back each
day and see.....some you can guess...

No comments: