Thursday, July 01, 2010

What I am not...

I am not your Martha Stewart type of a woman.. in fact they make me gag… with the perfect house, the perfect table, linen and etc… seems so sterile to me…

When my kids were growing up, they got dirty, they played like there was no tomorrow.. and I went with the flow… They weren’t put on a allowance system for chores… they worked doing their chores as we were a team, and their part of the team work was their chores… I had mine. Sometimes we helped each other… and if they wanted to go some where like swimming, I would tell them what I had to do before we went… they would help sometimes to speed it up… some time we just didn’t go… some times I would drop my chores and we would go…

I was not the Marilyn Monroe type of a wife. I was/am the one who went hunting and fishing. Clean fish, help wrap or cut meat. I cleaned up pretty good to go out, but I have never been the makeup and hairdo type… While my husbands were never ashamed to be with me, I was never a trophy type of a wife… But I have been a loving wife. Always there to go thru the rough times of life with each one of them, when we were married.
(divorced once, widowed once and still married to the third one). I tried never to take them for granted… and while from time to time they drove me nuts, I figured out, that I probably drove them nuts as well… luckily it wasn’t for long for either of us.

I was not a Leave it to Beaver, June, type of a mom…
I was a pretty good mom, at least my kids tell me I was/am. I was strict, and education was a big thing with me.. I never had enough money to send any of my kids to college.. but several further their education after they left home. Thus forth they earn more and have gotten further than I did. I find that a success, in the foundation I laid down for all of them.

So if you are looking for a foo foo type of a gal, a go to women's tea, or fashion shows... keep looking because I am not it. If you are looking for some one who will tip toe around a problem, or a situation, then I am not your person. If I have something to say, I say it to your face… if I mess up, I will step up to the plate and admit it… and change it.
I am honest, I try to keep my nose out of other people’s business. Notice I said try as I slipped a couple of times, and regretted it…

When I was having trouble with my first marriage, I called home to talk to my mother…and she gave me some pretty harsh advice… and it was the best thing she could say, even though I didn’t think so at the time… What was that? She said, “you made your bed, now lie in it.” Meaning I am the one who chose my life as it was, it was up to me to fix it.

I find in life, that if you stand back and let others do their own lives, they don’t have time to be interfering in yours… And they become stronger.
For better or worse, what you see, is what you get from me…

No comments: