Monday, August 09, 2010

Addicted...yard sales

I have to admit, I am kind of addicted to yard sales…
I have tried my best to be good. And of late I have done
well. I had not gone yard saling, for over a month.

But today I was weak. And I gave the Murphy’s Law
excuse. I don’t really need to go, as there is nothing
I need. So it would be a waste of time.

Bam, I went today, with my daughter. Up and down the
streets of Sandpoint we drove. And sure enough we found
them all… The Veteran’s were having their Annual and
then several of the neighbors thought they would cash in
on their crowds.

But I scored…. I got for free, 3 flower vases, a cat coffee cup,
3 cork do hickies, that you put hot pans on, on your table.
And I got 4 place mats and a clear glass mug with an elk on
it.
For 25 cents I got a book for the King about making sausage.
I got for 50 cents apiece, 2 shirts and a set of short white curtains.

And for one dollar apiece, I got 2 Queen size sheets sets,
a new pair of jeans, and a glass bowl type cooking dish with a lid.
And 4 Festival of Sandpoint wine glasses.
1 Queen size Spring flowers comforter for winter.

For $3, I got large gravy
bowl, with top and ladle that is made of stainless steel. With a great
design on it.

And one complete set for my guest room bed.. shams, sheets,
Comforter, and pillows, with duster to boot… for only $8.
All this for less than $20…. Great day for yard saling….

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

I love garage sales and religiously enter the fray every Friday, right after dialysis. I scope the neighborhood on my way home and then Mechanic Man and I head out, according to his list he made up from Craig's List - never once, mind you, hitting the sales I discovered on my way home. And now - let's talk about Thursday's pre-yard sale treks, where I have netted freebies and multitudes of quarter items. I now save all my dollar bills and any change - just for yard sales. I love them!!!!