Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I. HATE. CAR. ALARMS...

I was basely locked out of my car yesterday…
The night before, as I was heading to bed, the
King said, put the alarm on your car. I had parked
it closer to the road than normal. So being I just got
out of the shower and too lazy to go out and lock it..
I took his keys and pushed on the alarm. The lights
blinked, so that meant it was alarmed.

See my keys, I took off the alarm gadget. I hate that
thing and it really ticks me off when the King uses it
with his key. We are walking away and I hear the beep,
and then a second one.. and as we are 10 feet away,
another. Really irks me. (damn city people, I mumble,
knowing full well it is my husband).

So in the morning, I decided I would drive down to the
Post Office that is about 3 half blocks away. I push on the alarm
button but the lights don’t light up. Hummm…. I tried the lock
and sure enough the stupid alarm starts off… I slam the door shut,
pushing the button, nothing but horn blaring. Across the street
from us is one of Litehouses plants. And of course some of
their workers are out there. And my neighbor comes out too.

Picture dumb looking grey/white hair woman who is red faced and
ticked off to the max. I step away as nothing is working and
the alarm stops. So I stepped in front of the car, push button, nothing
nothing at all. No headlights blinking… suppose to be a sign that
the alarm is off… Nothing at all. I look inside… push button and
see a red light blinking… AH HA.. it is off… open door… NOT OFF.
Slam the door… walk away… stops…

Seems like I heard that if you put the key in the ignition, the alarm
goes off… THEY LIED…

So I walked to the post office… the dog and I… we needed the
exercise anyway… maybe that was God’s way of telling me that.

2 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

It probably needed a new battery. I had a Toyota once that did the same thing.

MarmiteToasty said...

Im forever setting my car alarm off..... not outside me house though, cos I rarely even remember to lock me car when its parked in the road outside me house, but usually when Im out and about I forget and click the alarm on and when I get back to the car and open the door it goes off LOL.... and cos the battery in the key is almost out, its hard to shut the alarm off lol

x