Thursday, October 07, 2010

NON... (fill in the blank) ....

Do they still ask, smoking or non smoking
anymore in the restaurants? Or is it you
can’t smoke in any…any where. That they
stop?

When they use to ask, I would tell them
Non children section. I figured if I was going
To spend big buck for a dinner, I wanted it
In peace and quiet. Not with a little sweetheart
Kicking my booth back or a seal squeals at
The table next to me.

I never took my children to restaurants.
They went to the mom and pop drive up and we
ate at picnic tables or took it home. It was for the
other customers as well as my own. My kids were
in their teens before they saw the inside of a restaurant.

But now, I want to say, NON Cell phones. Why is it
people think that other people want to know about
their conversations… and is the cell phone side effect
deafness? Because everyone of them are talking loud.
Be it in the restaurants or bathrooms, street corners.
I thought it was because they wanted everyone to know
They have a cell phone. But with just about everyone
having one, I get it.. YOU have a cell phone. Actually
you have a cockroach sticking out of your ear, in some
cases.

If you want to eat dinner in peace and quiet, I guess you
stay home and eat your own food.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What I want when I eat out is for parents to have taught their children table manners and how to act properly if they want them to yell and run around let them take them to a fast food joint and teach them how to behave like acceptable little people. I get so angry at the parents. I taught my sons how to act and when I see the way kids at today when out to eat in public I wonder were there manners are. I went so far one time to go over to a table near the misbehaving children and thank the parents for teaching their children how to behave. Needless to say the misbehaving children were soon told to behave by their parents point made without confronting the misbehaving childrens parents. When I eat out I want no smoking around me, I don't want drunks at the table near me or people that are overly rowdy. We took my son out while he was home on leave and had to eat and leave in a hurry the people next to us were drunk rude and sickining to be near. The waitress apoligized but stated they are regulars well so are we and I hate it when they are there. Last time we were sure not to sit anywhere near the drunks.

If i am at a party that is one thing or a celebration but at a nice eatery please no screaming kids no kids running around no smoking, a little light music not that crap kids listen to today that has no rhyme or reason. A little peace. A little talking fine but no drunks please. SMILE