Monday, May 14, 2012

Short and Sweet..and story of Terror

With my achy body, I will return to the yard this morning..
Just as I have for the past couple of days.

We have been hauling rock ..river pebbles for the walk way.
Cement for the straightening out of the leaning fence.
Sand and brick tiles for extending our patio area.
Oh, because the weather can't make up it's mind, I have hauled my
30 some odd hanging baskets and planters in to the shed, out to the
lawn edge (where I am watching for half to get strong enough to be placed)
and to their hanging place... and then back to the shed again, and back
out and back in.. well, you get the idea.. As we have had freezing am's.
Finally I have said the heck with it.. they are out...they will survive.. or die..
those who die will be garbage,
I am tired of this merry-go-around.

So I leave you with this picture.. I saw it on Facebook.
It reminded me of days gone past.. way, way, back.. lol
To my young years of helping mom do the wash. It was
a Maytag in our household. And I hated that machine.
It was a chore that I wasn't crazy about because I am not
graceful. As I fed the mighty roller, I would be reaching
for the next item, as I watched the last one go thru. But
for some reason as I fed the second one, some how.. some
how..... I would get my fingers stuck in the dang roller.
Sometimes reaching mid palm by the time I was able to
hit the release to pop the rollers apart.

God, I... hated... that... dang... machine.

Then Mom got an automatic.. it was a miracle of miracles.
But then terror struck my heart as Dad rolled the old one
around
the corner in the basement.. and he told me.....(I called it
a threat.)
"I am saving this for you, so when you get your own
place."
I fooled him, I moved across the country... don't know what
ever happen to that dang machine.

1 comment:

Kay Dennison said...

I remember a similar apparatus at
our house and my mom spending Mondays in the basement.

Good luck hauling that rock!!!