Tuesday, May 15, 2012

This dang primary...election..

Well, today, I have to walk
into a building.. and it angers me that I am
forced to say I am something
I am not. For it I don't, I don't get to vote.

I have taken pride over the
years of voting for whom I thought would
try to do the best job.
Never having to claim any party.. yet because I
live in a flaming red state,
that made it a law last year.. I have to proclaim,
I am something that I am
not. A Republican. I am not... a
Democrat either.
I am not there to lopside
the election for November. I am there to see if I
can lend a hand to have some
good voting choices.

In the old days, there was a
Democrat and a Republican ticket. Well, there
was a few other ones but
those scare me. Heck, now they all
scare me.
But I never went to vote to
make it easier for the other party ... I just want
some what I deem to be good
honest people to run and not some radical
who says they belong to the
Republican party.

See in Idaho we have about 4
or 5 different kinds of Republicans.
There is the good old ones.. and there is the Reagan Republican, the
right wing conservative Republicans, and then there is the mid Republicans and
lastly but far from last.. the TEA party Republicans. What the heck is the
difference I don't know.. I wonder if they do. But they are so paranoid, they
have outlawed us, who have no party, so we can't vote. UNLESS we admit we are
Republican (thankfully we don't have to say which one).

So I will head down today,
and sign a paper claiming to be a Republican.
I want
to write ... only for
today... but was told that is illegal...
So I figure I would go in,
and lie, just so I can vote. And then
after I leave the building, I will be a Catholic while I am at it... and say.
FORGIVE ME FATHER, FOR I HAVE SINNED... and then tell my self I have to do 10
Hail Mary's. Just
to get the taste out of my
mind.

1 comment:

Kay Dennison said...

Been there; done that! Said the Act of Contrition, too.

It's really sad. I don't believe in closed primaries either.