Wednesday, March 23, 2005

cleaning out a file

Well, I made it thru my walk inspite of the wind.. and surprisingly I came back not like what did the cat bring... but I came back stong. Maybe I am getting the hang of this.
]Last year I had some breathing problems, and this has really helped. I just suggest you start out slow.
Well, I am off to my pre-65 year physical today. He is a great doctor, because he puts up with Dr. Cis and doesn't sue me for malpractice.
I was looking thru my files on my floppys last night. Came across this one, I wrote about 2 years ago.... as I found it to be humors...
I called it my $48 heel. But you will see at the end, it cost more.

Let me tell you some money saving information. Keep in mind this will save you $48.00. I didn't get this from a home remedy book or column. Or even e-mail ..this is bona fide medical information from a doctor of 45+ years of practice. Hence, the $48.00. Oh, insurance doesn't cover this...so this is out of pocket$$.
Lets go back to the 4th of July time. I noticed my heel area of my foot was hurting. I thought I had bruise my heel on a rock as I like to go barefooted. I had smashed my finger about that time (that is another story) and the finger out weighed my foot on the pain level. So just endure the foot as an nuance. By the time I had gotten over the finger (3weeks later) the foot was starting to irritate me. Being I have a large mass in front of me, that prevents me from seeing the far side of my heel, I had to ask my daughter's help. All I could see was a white tiny area that was painful. So we looking at it (mirror for me) and decided it was a wart. A planter's wart. Mike had one so Jeanette had a clue. So we looked in my med books and internet. Found out it is a virus. Well, don't want to bore you with the rest. But we verified it was planter's wart. We know how and why, but not how to get rid of it. To the store to get supply. We get Dr. somebody's patches. Says it takes 12 weeks. Oh, well. You put one on for 2 days. Remove-clean and replace. I did this for 5 weeks. Nothing. Only action I have gotten is my foot is peeling and the patch comes off and floats around in my sock. So decided to give my foot a rest from the patch. And used Compound W on a bandaid. Did not work. Week 8 still nothing going on with the patch except it is still running around in my sock. So had a few home remedies. Tried the duct tape. Put on..peel off the next day. Nothing. Crushed garlic. Tried it for a week. Less painful. Smelt like garlic. (Didn't tell Ken when he mention the smell, that is was from his jar of crushed garlic that he uses for cooking). Back to the patch. Heel and foot still peeling. Stop using everything. Heal the foot from peeling. And called the Dr. for an appointment. Now listen close as this will save you the money for supplies and Dr. appointments.
This is what he did. He shaved the callous off the wart. Telling me if he cut it out it would probably grow back. Freezing isn't any better. So he says the callous is what makes it hurt the most, plus it covers it from the immune system. Shaving off the callous wakes up the immune system to come down and attack the virus. And then he sends me home to do something. A procedure.
Place this patch on the foot. Keep there for 6 days. Take off. Leave it off for the day. Then that night scrap off the wart top. Then place a fresh patch. Do this 4 times and the wart will be gone. Now this patch, cost is little to nothing as you have it in your junk drawer. No laughing. It is duct tape. I said no laughing.!!! So got planter wart?? Get a scrapper and duct tape. Wear for 6 days. Let it air out for 8 hours and scrap and put on fresh duct tape. There I have saved you the $48.00 Dr. visit plus all the other supplies. Now you want to know does it work?? Ask me in 5 and half weeks....
Well, 5 weeks later, I went to the Dr. and he froze it off and knock knock knock on wood, 2 years later I am still in fine condition. Now before you go off thinking this is foolish.. I have to tell you I have met 4 people who say the duct tape worked for them. So try it out... then if it doesn't work, go to the Dr. and if he suggest that.. tell him you already tried that. And if you are one of the lucky ones, you won't have to go to the Dr. And if not, then you at least get to cut out one of the doctor visits. Good luck...

No comments: