Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Election Day 2005

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.....
START YOUR ENGINES!!

You have just slightly more than 12
hours to make your choice of
candidates. Every vote counts.
Just ask the ones who were running
for Governor in Washington State.
If you don't vote, then you have no
bitching rights.

There is a lot to vote on in other
cities. In our own little town we
have nothing ... none of the candidates
have anyone running against them.
I don't believe Bonner County has
anything running so we are
a peaceful voting town this time.

But I am going. It is my right.
And choice or not, I will vote
for those who I want in... and not
mark those who I don't. But in
this case, it is going to be a vote
of confidence in our council.

My husband chose not to run
this time. And the gal who is running
in his place is a good choice. So I will
go and mark my ballot. They
usually have about 31 that vote here.
Out of 300+ people... but of course
some of those are children.

I will be interested in how others did.
In San Diego, the mayor race. In New
Jersey, the Governor race, and New York
City, the Mayor race. And little more local,
how Mike Kennedy does. I have Dish
for my television viewing, so I see the
races back East. And some of them
have been the using dirty tricks.

Politics, if nothing else, is interesting.
So get out there and make your mark.
After all you could be in Iraq and
have to fight to get to vote. Be kind
of neat if we could get a purple finger
to show we voted...

4 comments:

Mari Meehan said...

With all the "red" and "blue" nonsense a "purple" finger could be a voters badge of courage don't ya think?

stebbijo said...

I voted -- I got my sticker. Quick, easy, and painless. Maybe we will see party photos in the paper tomorrow -- I will be missin' the big hooplas at the local gathering holes.

Now we just have to get ready for the governor's race. If these local elections are any indication -- that one is going to bring out more than enema bags for sinus irrigation! ;-)

Word Tosser said...

I watched the New Jersey one. talk about throwing stuff... they had one of the runner's ex wife come on today... to say if he lets his family down, he will let New Jersey down.. whoa what a low blow...

stebbijo said...

Kinda would bring on a case of apathy -- you think? This junk keeps a happening -- I am going to catch it.