Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Visiting Dinners

Visiting.... visiting dinners....

What ever happen to Friday or
Saturday night visiting... or sharing
a dinner and visiting.

Remember when we were kids, our
parents use to go to a friend's house.
The kids would head to the kid's bedroom
or basement. In those days, the
playroom was down there. And the
adults played cards, or games.
Or they just visited, drinking
coffee. Then about 9 or so, you
headed for home.?

Or you went for dinner and the
same? Some times it was
just the couple, most of the
time it was the whole family.
Most of the time the family
you visited was a relative.
An uncle or aunt. And the
kids were your cousins.

Guess that is something
that has gone to the way
side. This came to mind,
as we did two of these
dinners this past weekend.

One was friends who are
getting ready to leave
for the winter. The other
just invited us. It was
really nice, both times.

Seems to be a lost art. I
can't remember the last
one I did before this past
weekend. Years and years
ago. Definitely when my kids
were little.

Even getting in the car
on a Saturday afternoon,
or Sunday afternoon, and
go visit someone. Does
any one do that anymore?
I know I haven't. I wonder
why it all stopped.

Maybe people are like me,
I like staying home and
relaxing on the weekend
nights.

No comments: