Tuesday, November 15, 2005

The Price of Toys

Toys

$399. for one toy…

I know… kids call it a game..
And a game it is… but
considering that this is mostly
For kids… it is a toy.
$399. and that isn’t counting
the games.. Which run
from $29.95 to $45.95 a piece.
Which is a 1 and half inch
by 1 and half inch, and little
thicker than cardboard.

I remember when my kids
were being raised..$25.00
was the top price for their
major gift. I sure feel bad
for parents who feed into
this frenzy.

Heck, that gift is almost
the same as my monthly
S.S. check!

While at Costco, I saw one
of the toys from my days.
TINKER TOY..The super
size was $29.95. It was
$9.95 when I bought it
for my kids.

Also the Chocolate fountain
that I wrote about before…
I saw it at Wal-mart. For
$28.95, don’t know if it is
the same brand or not. But
this seems to be a hot item
these days. You can use it for
caramel too.

Still a lot of money to pay
for something you will use
once or twice and then put
it in your cupboard, to be sold
at a yard sale 3 years later.

4 comments:

JBelle said...

Cis, Can you believe it?? I got the Toys R Us catalog and took it to the office as we like to buy toys for Chrismas for Toys for Tots. We got it out this morning and Holy Chow. Hoooly Chow! I cannot believe how expensive toys are this year. And yup, $30 was the limit for my kids, too. They got a sweater and some pants or what they needed, a toy, a book, pajamas and one option thing. Good lord, the pressure on young parents today.

Mari Meehan said...

Hey Cis, our latest postings and comments they've attracted sure points out the generational difference, don't they?

How 'bout shoes and clothes too. Designer clothes in my day was something made for me by my Mom - which was a lot!

God's Helper said...

OK. What toy are you looking at?? This must be one the boys missed, or the one I went deaf on when they were talking. :)

Word Tosser said...

Yes, jb3ll3... the rest of the gifts were clothes... school clothes to get thru the rest of the year.. and a few dollar toys.

Dogwalking...yea, I guess us older ones all think alike...

God's Helper.... it is the XBox 360? I think it is call.