Monday, November 27, 2006

The Comforts of Life

As I sit here tonight getting ready
to post date a blog for tomorrow.
I watch as the snow comes down
ever so gently, yet persistence.

There is something soothing about
watching the snow at night in the street
light, as it flies by. Makes you feel
that all is good.

Having come back from a wonderful
5 days with Son #4 and his wonderful
wife,and kids, we feel so complete. It was a
comfort. In many ways.

When one is in their 60's, you wonder
did you do it right? And after these past
5 days, I can say yes, I did it right.

I am the first to tell you that I did NOT
form my children's lives. What they have
become, is from hard work of emotions,
working ethnics, society, and family.

I feel I put down the foundation in the
first 18 years. After that each one of my
children have done all the work. I am
proud of them.

I got to see 3 out of the 4 son's. (the
other lives in Wisconsin) and to sit
there and watch them as they interact.
To see them with their families. Their
children. I am so proud, brings me
great comfort, to see them all turn out
so well.

On the way home, after getting off the
plane and in the car, we start out in
a storm blowing evening. We arrive in
Coeur d' Alene and the snow is getting
a bit deeper. Yet, we decided to make a
quick trip to Costco for some supplies.

And then headed for home. The snow was
blowing more, the snow was deeper on the
road (where the heck are the snow plows).

Yet, I don't know if it is the after glow of the
holiday, but everyone drove quietly north.
Driving at speeds of 25 mph sometimes, as some
poor soul is doing their best to keep going.
Yet, no 4x4 zoomed by, no one got pushy.
The traffic from Cda to Sandpoint, was a
slow by still going drive. It took an hour and 12
minutes.

One poor soul that we passed, had a low
number Alberta plate. She was older, and
was hanging on to the wheel with both
hands and leaning forward. I am sure
when a lot of us (about 12)
that pass, she must have felt better with
out all the traffic behind her.

So we all drove in to Sandpoint, all safe
and sound, and as we drove home to 4 inches
of snow, a warm house, the happiest puppy
alive, and a cat who looked at us in disgust,
as she baby sat the puppy. She and the
grandson. The house was all still good.

And we are glad to be home, the best little
spot of the earth for us. Hope you all had
a great Thanksgiving...

And now... onward, and forward... the
push of Christmas... BAH HUMBUG...

No comments: