Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Watching Elections

As I sit here eating Marianne's
way too good Pumpkin Dessert,
which I tried to promise myself
that I wouldn't. (Well, at least I
didn't put the cheesecake topping
on it...) I am watching the TV, and
checking on Huckleberries Online
for the elections results.

I smile as I see some lose or maybe
I should say, ones I like win. And sadly
see some go that I had hope would win.
See some of the numbers are adding up
for the no and yes on different changes.

My mind wonders to what the King said
as we left the school after voting.

He said, "you know, I sure wish we could
vote like Washington state does. (they
all vote by mail). And you know, I don't
think I will vote anymore, anyway."

I asked him why. And he replied," I
have looked at it over the years, and
to be honest with you, I don't see a
heck of a lot of difference two days to
years later, after I vote. Doesn't really
matter who gets in, the Democrats or
Republicans, they all raise our taxes.
I don't see where we are better off than
we were a couple years ago, and the
rest of it.. we don't have any say so
anyway. The congress does what
they want. No matter who we send,
they chime in with the others when
they get there and forget us back here."

You know, it is kind of hard to argue
with that. You know, I think I will go
get the other half of this piece of
dessert and then go to bed. All
the results will be there in the morning.
And I won't be richer for staying up to
see who gets what.

Dang, that Marianne, why did she
have to share that recipe? I sure
hope she is eating that dessert tonight
while she watches the results. I don't
want to be the only one gaining weight
here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If nothing, at least these elections get people talking about the issues instead of going along numbly. That is good ~ at least. (I agree with King. I'm not certain individual votes matter that much either ~ but blocs of votes matter - so it all pans out. :)

Peace,

Thailand Gal
~*~*~