Thursday, November 09, 2006

Proud of my little Town

I am proud of my little town.
We are small and we usually
don't get any respect. When
other towns are mention, for
some reason you don't see
our little town mention.

It is like they go from Ponderay,
and then to Clark Fork in one jump.
Some times they mention Hope. So
they go from Ponderay to Hope, in one
jump, which happens to be about 18 miles
apart. I know for sure that Clark Fork
is over 25 miles from Ponderay.

We? We are on the border of Ponderay.
About 3 miles outside of Sandpoint. Now
granted, if you blink your eyes, you will
be thru Kootenai. But you can't miss our
big pile of sawdust. And Coldwater Creek.

But on Tuesday, our little district of voters,
taking in not only the grid of the town itself,
but our slight outlaying areas of Ponder Point,
Whiskey Jack, and the back side of our town,
that is still county. We had 700!!! walking in the
door voters. Had over 400 mail ins. But can you
believe it... 700 walk in to vote.

I don't know if that is a record or not, but
I am so proud of our voting district.

2 comments:

Big Piney Woods Cats said...

I am wondering......can cats vote, cuz if they can, I vote for more food!!!

Precious Flower aka The Squirt

PinkAcorn said...

I remember when we moved to Cocolalla the sign on the roadside said "population 253" now it's like 896 !!!