Thursday, November 16, 2006

Life's little Aggravations

Life's little Aggravations.
Or Morning Interruptus.

Each morning I get up, take
the puppy outside to do her
business, while I gather the
papers from the box.

I head into the house, turn on
the TV to the New York feed we
have, so I can catch the show I
like. At 6am. And then with it
in the background, I read the
papers and drink my coffee.

I clicked on the New York feed of
ABC, and walked towards the dining
room table on Tuesday morning.

I heard Curious George. Mumbling
back to the control, thinking my
nimble fingers had failed me in my
channel selection, I switch to it again.
Again Curious George. I see it keeps
going to 249, no matter how many times
I punch in 245. So I go up one channel,
to my surprise I see a Dish Network man
talking about how the government is making
them dump distance feeds to customers.
So if you are having a distance feed, after
December 1st. you won't. But this is the 14th
of November, I think to myself. They tell you to
go to www.saveourchannel.com and complaint
to the government. There will be a form there. NOT.

So I sent off, a remark to the Contact Us, Dish
Network. I am sure there will be nothing done.
Once these things start.. it is rare that it stops.

Another aggravating point is my bill came
in yesterday. I paid it yesterday afternoon.
They bill ahead of the game. So I am being
charge for something I am not going to get.
Even if they restore it tonight, for 20 days,
I don't. Oh, that seems to be the other kicker.
It seems, if I understood it right..they will
no longer give me the local free as they
have in the past. It was part of the package.
NOT anymore.

Then I get home from having my hair done.
I have NO NETWORKS. Not local or distance.
So I call the 1-800 number. Get the same
run around. After hashing it back and forth.
I get my locals back anyway.

Then I get a email from the Main office, I think.
And they tell me ...."You can not have both
feeds. You can not have New York.
I wrote back and said yes, I can. I paid for it
in October to have both until the 20 of Nov.
And I just paid my bills so I have it paid
for both to Dec. 20.

Got another one back from them, again telling
me I can not have both feeds, but they gave me
ABC. Now does that make sense? If I can have
one, why not the other. If I paid for them, why can't
I have them until Dec. 1st? So I wrote back and
told them REFUND MY MONEY. So I wait their
next answer.

Then I got to wonder, why have satellite?
Which I am sure would thrill the cable people.

We get the New York feed so the King can
watch all the shows. He goes to bed at 8-8:30 pm.
As he has to get up before the crack of dawn.
He will not be happy. As the West Coast starts
when he goes to bed. And no, we aren't taping,
as who wants to watch his game shows a day
late.

This is a revolting development, as Ollie
would say to Stan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One time I took our check book down south to our place 'way' south of Livingston ;) so hubby has to pay the Dish with a MO.. they missplace it but after much research (tracing it with the Post Office) it's been cashed !!! Been cashed by them...months ago!! Did we get an apology BIG FAT NO !

God's Helper said...

We have DirecTV here. I won't say it is any better. It honestly doesn't matter anymore if it is satelite or cable. They seem to be the master. We have a regular antenna for our local channels plus the satelite dish for the others. Talk about wired for sound!!