Friday, November 03, 2006

Staying away from Politics....

I am sick of the games they play.
As everyone else is. I still think they
should have a deadline for the nastiness.
July 1st. After that, it should all be about
what they can do for us and our county/
country.

So what vehicle was your favorite and what
one was the one you hated, or dislike a lot?

Let's get the bad one over first. It was a 1966
Jeep Wagon. You know the big one where it
came out like the trucks, but was a station
wagon.

That Jeep hated me. I think I might have blogged
about this vehicle before. It left me high and dry.
No jack, no lug wrench to change my tire. I had
brand new, that day... tires. Why would I need
them? I guess that is what the guy at the tire
place must have figured, as he forgot to put them
back in. So a guy with a backhoe lifted it up and
had a lug wrench. This Jeep would leak oil. Not
when my husband drove it. Only when I did. The
back window would fall down for no reason. It was
suppose to be a crank down on the outside. I hated
that vehicle. After 6 things that went wrong, I refuse
to drive it. Drove the old 57 Chevy pick up instead.
Which was always reliable.

My favorite was a 1972 Ford Ranger XL pickup.
Black. 3/4 ton. Wonderful mufflers that rattled
so well, when you went down a hill. Loved those
mufflers.sounded like Smitty's. It drove to R.I. from Washington state.And back, pulling a trailer one
time and a car the next.

And one time when it was challenged by a
International Scout..(really, he thought he had a
chance...lol ..lol... pity the fool) and the Ford pulled
it down towards the waterfront. When I drove it
across the yard from one side to the other, it
sounded so great. It was almost like it strutted. I
know, it was just a truck. But to me...
it was A TRUCK!!!. THE TRUCK....

When I was in R.I. my father said I should get
rid of it. I told him, never, I would make a flower
bed out of the back of it in my yard before I would
let go. But sadly, after my husband died, I had to
let it go. Last I saw of it, it was going down the
road with a teenager behind the wheel.

Gosh, I miss THAT TRUCK!!

No comments: