Thursday, March 22, 2007

Ethics

Ethical, principles, beliefs, moral,
right, fair, decent, just, proper,
honorable... all words to
describe ethics.

We had a tragic situation that
happen here in our town. I thought
I might write about the ripple of
the situation. And how the situation
ended.

But I didn't have my heart in it. After
all if I get upset with the media, getting
up front and personal. Or reporting all
the details of something, feeling that
the public, I think doesn't not need to know
everything. After all, which one of us,
wants every detail of our lives reported
by the media. Some of it is..well, just
private.

If it doesn't mean the safety of the public,
then how much do we need to know.
The media has to walk that fine line.
And not always on the side we like.
Which can be taken either way.

Bloggers, on the other hand are only
accountable to themselves. They don't
have a company to answer to. But we
do have to answer to ourselves. And of
course, if it isn't true, then it is a lawsuit.

So I have chosen, to decide on the side of
right, fair, decent, thing to do. Not write about
the situation. Maybe someday, I will. But
it will be about a situation and not THE
situation. And how it effects so many people.

Now that is clear as mud. But when I do write
about it... I will mention this post.

No comments: