Thursday, March 29, 2007

Places that give you Anxiety

Why is it, the mere mention of
the IRS, makes you sweat?
I got a letter today from them,
which scared me.. I thought, oh
no, I am going to be audited. But
I got my money already, don't they
audit you before you get your money?

Any way, it was just telling me they had
adjusted my refund (which I got two
weeks ago) and it is slightly more. If I
wanted to contest it, I could call the numbers
given. Yea, right, who is going to call the
IRS and say.. ......
"Well, no, you sent me too much
money, so I am protesting this".
Yea, right.

Then yesterday, I went down to
get my drivers license renewed.
What is it about going there that
makes you sweat. At least that
room seem awful hot to me. I was
dreading the eye test. I had my
glasses upgraded last Nov. But
still, it is looking in there and seeing
which block is closer and which one
is further away, and etc. I am dreading
it. So I let the young couple who was
finishing their test, go in front of me, so
they could finish the paper work. Anything
to keep away from that eye machine.

Then it is my time, I give the old license,
(wondering what will I use if I fail the eye
test) and the little paper that they have
you fill out. Make sure all the data is
correct. And then she says, step over
here. So I head to the eye machine.
She said, no over here, to get your picture
taken. I am thinking what is the sense of
taking my picture, (she already has my money
for 4 years), if I don't pass the eye test.

After I get the picture taken, (had to have 2,
as my face was froze with fear in the first one
with a slight smirk), so I smiled and she said
good. Fill out this donor (as I had said yes) paper
out, and the picture will be here soon. I filled out
the paper, telling them to take all parts (not going
to do me any good when they cremate me) ... then
the other gal called my name. I gave the papers,
and she said there you are... you are good for 4
more years! I said that is it? She said, yep.

I sweated all this for nothing? No eye machine.
No, I didn't say that aloud as I was walking
out of the courthouse, looking at my new
driver's license. Great, I won't have to go thru
this for 4 more years....Idaho trust me for 4
more years. Good.

Then it dawn on me... will I be driving in 4 more
years? I will be 71 by that time.

3 comments:

God's Helper said...

Gee I got mine renewed last May. It is good for 5 years. Is that because I am younger??? :)

Big Piney Woods Cats said...

The last time I got mine renewed it was for 8 years. (This is a once in a lifetime deal, and can't be dont when you are over 60.) Mine is due for renewal in Jan, 2009 so I have some time, but I worry about the eye test too.

Toni

Betty said...

I worry about the eye test, too. I have glasses for distance, but I'm also diabetic, and I worry that my eyes could be a little blurry on the day of the eye test, and I would fail, then what would I do. It hasn't happened so far, but who knows?