Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Time Freezes

You know you have friends who have small
children. And then you don't see the children
for a couple of years and they are teens. You
are amazed. Or if they move away and come
back for a visit after a long time, you see these
children who now have a baby. It really blows
your mind, how time has flown by.

Well, I saw a picture in the paper the other
day where someone was asking about the
actor, Van Johnson. Where he is and what is
he doing? This attracted my mind pretty
quick, as my mother graduated from
Rogers High School in Newport, R.I.
in the class of 1936 with Van Johnson.
His father was the local plumber, I
believe.

What surprised me was Mr. Johnson's
age. 90. Then I dawn on me, yes, in
fact Mom would be 90 now, if she was
still alive. And then the realization that
Dad would have be 95.

So I guess while children in our minds,
age freezes, so does our parents age
freeze at the time of their death. As Mom
was 74. And Dad was 82.

1 comment:

Bay Views said...

Well, Cis, It's been a great two or so years. I've enjoyed all of you posts over the time you have been with us.

I, too have been with this two years, but as well deserved, don't have your numbers. You are very special. Thank the King for putting up with you, and hopefully, you will find public libraries, like I did when I did my road trip.