Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Global Warming??????

I am really having trouble getting a handle
on this global warming. There is so much
information out there, but I am still having
trouble believing it.

I guess because I have lived long enough
to go thru so many different weather changes.
I can remember back in the 60's or 70's that
they said we were going to freeze to death.
That everything was getting colder. That the
Ice Age was returning.

I was so busy raising kids, I couldn't get
excited about it. Besides their prediction was
for something like 5 million years from then.

After that, I read a book called "Looking out
for #1". There were many chapter of how not
to believe everything you hear. That when you
hear THEY and THE COMMITTEE in any
reference, to start putting on your doubt
signals. As there is really never a clear deal
of who THEY ...THE COMMITTEE or
even THE SCIENTIST are.
For every bit of information of the pro, there is just
as much for the con. Con in many ways.

I know Al Gore is running around with his movie,
which I have not seen. Don't plan on seeing it.
Movie.. Al Gore.. doesn't instill great trust in me.
After all, he is the one who claimed he found the
computer and online. Maybe he was a Bill Gates
school mate and saw him drawing up the plans?

So I am sorry if I don't jump on the wagon.
Especially because one of the things that
most do agree on, it is going to happen in
about 5 to 15 million years from now.
So those of you who are still around, at that
time.... yes, you can say to my ashes... see
I told you so...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Want to believe in global warming? Come to California. I can't even see the hills from the east to west foothills anymore. No one drinks tap water, ever. My folks live in the narrowest part of the Santa Clara Valley and it's never been this bad. Looking towards San Francisco you see a brown haze over the valley, gross. Oh, I could ramble...I hate what California has turned into.
marlene