Monday, November 26, 2007

Insanity is thy name

As you have read, I have got a new
computer... with Vista.

Now I downloaded a few files a couple
of months ago, as I thought my computer
was going to crash on me. It was freezing
many times over. I counted 20 times, The
only way I could get out was to hit the off
button. As we all know, not a good thing.
But I had no other choice.

I finally got the machine working again,
and went off fat and happy. Until last week
and then it was starting all over again.
But this time I was not getting to down
load my files from before to up date.

So off to Best Buys, Going after 9am
on Black Friday morning and still
getting the good buy that they
had. They had 5 only, and I got #3. The
other two in line, got the other 2 as they
were told the store sold out, at the door..

At home, it started. Learning all over
again. New stuff, old stuff not even on
the machine.

I had the new machine on the dining
room table for two reasons. One was
for my husband. I knew once I started
it would be hours before I came out of
the room. So figured if I was in the
dining room he could at least talk to
me, if he dared. See when I am heavily
into doing the bills, doing computer stuff,
I am not a nice person. The other reason
was I didn't want to disturb my old machine
yet.

So it was run back and forth. Old machine
freezing up 3 minutes into a program.
My cd writer, not copying files. So I
am losing pictures, losing my last 20
blogs weeks, I think, as I can't find any
cd with more than the first 119.

Took me 19 tries to finally get on line.
Between the phone line not working,
the wrong phone hole plugged in to..
and the wrong use of words on the
connect section, I was going insane.

Stop for coffee, thinking tequila would
be better, but wanted to be sober. And
I am out of practice for drinking anyway.

So long and short of it, I am gaining.
Losing files, but gaining some. I traded
places of the computers so I could use my
printer. (Apple commercial lied. the old
printer worked). Old computer comes up
every 12 or 14 tries, long enough to download
to email some files... then crashes. Up again,
I turn off the right way, hoping it will give me
some gain on the freezing part. Got 6 files
to download and send on email. Freeze again
and run to other computer and turn online,
Open email .. got the 6. Only
18 more to go, and that isn't counting the
picture file.. Dang!! But I am hanging in
there. Learning again.

Oh, yea, I feel like the days of the 8 track
and cassette when it was thrown to the
side for cd's. Because the new one does
not play floppies. What the heck am I
going to do with the 42 floppies that I
saved stuff on? Lost more pictures, and
documents. This is me...
:-(

No comments: