Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Patience is not thy name

Even before I started on the computer
I had heard stories of people who were
on the computer for hours per day. Even
the whole day. There are those who are
on the computer for hours even now, who
play games. Warcraft or something like
that is suppose to be so addictive that
the players play all day and all night.

After spending hours but not all day on
the computer since Saturday. Even taking
Sunday off, except for a 10 minute report
I had to do. I am here to tell you, I am sick
of being on computers.

As I explained, I have one computer
on the dining room table and the other in
the normal room. (I will explain that another
day). I have had to jump back and forth.

Send some stuff out on the email. Hoping
and praying the dumb machine would not
freeze up before it was done downloading.
Then disconnect, but most of the time it
froze up with in 10 minutes or less. Then
go to the new machine and see if it in fact
showed up there. Then learning how to place
it in folders or where ever I wanted it.

Then go back to the old one, trying every
trick in the book to get it to come back up.
Some times having to wait over night for it
to work again. Then another window of
minutes to an hour. plus the fact of dial
up is slower than slow.. Patience is not
my name.

Today, I have most of the stuff off the old
computer. See while I had download to cd
a few months ago, there was a lot I didn't
think to do while the machine was working.

One of those is pictures. So those are still
stuck on the old computer, which refuses to
let the cd have it. Giving me faults hopes
as it downloads, and says ready to transfer,
only to have it down to the last seconds and
tell me it was faulty and the cd was probably
corrupted. How can new cds be corrupted.

Anyway, after all this, and I am on the downhill
side of it. I am so sick of computer and now
understand why those who work all day on a
computer, do not like to do blogs, read blogs,
or do emails.

I still have to figure out how to do the msn
messenger. I thought if I just went there and
put in my name and password it would
give it to me. But no... it won't because this
computer does not have it loaded. And with
dial up and all the fancy dancy virus protectors,
it is going to take a cpa to figure out how to
get around them. And believe me, that will
have to be another day.

I am tired of computers and keyboards.
Maybe next week... I need a break.
So it is email answering and do my
blog and I am out of here.

How do those people do it? No, I really
don't want to know.

No comments: