Thursday, December 20, 2007

Merry Christmas

I am going to take a break....until after Christmas...
So unless something profound happens, I will be back next week.
This has been an up and down, this season... With the lost of a sweet
tiny baby in our church family... to some nice surprises...
So you all have a nice Christmas...
I leave you with a repeat....from 2006 a poem
by George A. Gladden,
There is no way I could say it better...


...

MY CHRISTMAS CARD LIST
I have a list of folks I know,all written in a book,
And every year when Christmas comes,I go and take a look.
That is when I realize these names are all a part, not of the book
they're written in, but of my very heart.
For each name stands for someonewho has crossed my path sometime,
And in that meeting they've become the rhythm in each rhyme.
While it may sound fantastic for me to make this claim,
I really feel that I'm composed of each remembered name.
And while you may not be awareof any special link,
Just meeting you has changed my life much more than you think.
For once I've met somebody, the years cannot erase
The memory of a pleasant word or of a friendly face.
So, never think my Christmas cards are just a mere routine
Of names upon a Christmas list,forgotten in between
For when I send a Christmas card that is addressed to you,
It's because you're on the list of folks I'm endeared to.
For I am but a total of the many folks I've met,
And you happen to be one of those I prefer not to forget.
Whether I have known you for many years or few,
In some way you have had a part in shaping things I do.
And every year when Christmas comes I realize a new,
The best gift life can offer is meeting folks like you.
So may the spirit of Christmas that forevermore endures
Leave its richest blessingin the hearts of you and yours.
My Christmas Card List written by George A. Gladden, Sr.

Merry Christmas, dear Readers, from the Wordtosser

3 comments:

Idaho Dad said...

Have a great holiday! I'm going to take a little break too. Gotta finish my basement framing. Soon I'll need a break from my break.

Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Happiest of Holidays to you, Ken, and the furkids.

Toni, Ron and the 4 girls

MarmiteToasty said...

((((Cis))) have the most wonderful break and the most lovely crimbo..... fanks for your kind words in your emails to me, I surely dont deserve them....

be safe, we well, much love Mel oxo