Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Now the recovery...

Still not up to posting a good blog, well, as good
as I get anyway...

I am in recovery now. You know after your company
goes. Getting the laundry caught back up. Answering
4 day old emails, catching up on my blog reading,
and letting the body catch up too.

It was a great visit. Lots of good cooking by the King.
Breakfast and dinners... lunch is a free for all. If you
don't make it, you don't get it..

Did the beach scene, but best of all I think I can safety
say, was the just hanging out here with them. Getting
to know each other again. The grandkids that is. Only
have had a luncheon or two in the past 5 years.

This was one on one... and keeping up with the 3 year
old, playing with boys cars... and best of all, the water
fight with the 12 year old. He won. By a landslide.
I gave it my all. It started out as a family affair.

Mom and Dad filling up water balloons, and grandboys
throwing them at each other and the King, and Dad. I
got a few and Mom got back wash of a few. So after about
an hour of it, it was over. Then the AUNT shows, and I
had told the boys that Aunt has a good sense of humor and
was fair game. Of which she thanked me very much. Not
sure she meant it.

After that, I went in and took off my glasses. I reached into
the bucket of balloons the 12 year old was filling up with no
adult targets. Bummer... I looked him as I pulled about
6 of them out, and he said "what are you going to do with
those, they don't want to play anymore". I grinned and said..
get ready... and I gave him some space... the war was on..
we ran out of balloons and took up the hoses...

15 or 20 minutes later, we were both soaked, and grinning.
And we looked up, and the rest of the adults were laughing.
He beat me good. I even trade for his hoses as he was
getting more out of his. That didn't help as he got mine old
one to do twice amount. I was so wet, I couldn't see...

Thanks for the memory....U. and thanks for the visit #3 Son.

You know.... I guess this was a good post after all...

1 comment:

Mari Meehan said...

You bet it's a good post!